It is normal to be a little apprehensive about change. We get into a groove that we like and we are comfortable with. Unfortunately, our lives and the way we do things is constantly changing. It usually ends up being a good thing even though we resisted at first. One of the things that is changing is the way we light up our homes. Yes, even lighting technology is always evolving. An electrician in Fort Lauderdale is here to help you embrace the latest in the lighting world—LEDs. These tiny lights are the wave of the future and it is time to learn more about them. The team at Elcon Electric can help answer any questions or concerns you may have about the lights.
Your Fort Lauderdale electrician has a few interesting facts about LEDs that may help you embrace the change.
- They use 75 percent less electricity than a standard lightbulb.
- They last 35 to 50 times longer than a normal bulb.
- They do not have to warm up like CFLs.
- LEDs are very tiny and low profile. They can be placed nearly anywhere and take up little to no space.
- You can direct the light from an LED unlike CFLs or incandescent bulbs which emit heat and light all over.
- LEDs can last 25,000 hours or more!
Now that you can see all of the perks to switching to LED lighting, you should be ready to embrace the change. Your old light fixtures will likely need replaced to accommodate the new LEDs. This is something you will want to leave up to your electrician. Fort Lauderdale homeowners will be amazed at the neat, stylish fixtures available that will help transform their home into a home of the future, complete with fantastic energy savings. Don’t wait a minute longer. Call Elcon Electric today and schedule your lighting upgrade.