Electric panels should be updated for a variety of reasons. Fortunately there are some signs to look out for to know if you need an upgrade or not. Below are some signs to keep an eye out for.
- Frequently tripped breakers – Circuit breakers trip to stop the flow of electricity. This helps protect the circuits from overheating and starting a fire or any other damages. A circuit breaker may also trip if the capacity has been met in your panel.
- Electrical fires – If you notice any smells or see burnt wire this could mean that your panel needs upgraded.
- Unable to reset breakers – If you cannot reset the circuit breakers in your panel, you may need an upgrade. This could be due to a problem with your electrical panel.
- Old / Damaged Wiring – As panel age, they need to be replaced. Signs of age in panels are electric shock when touching appliances, burning smells, or black marks around the panel.
- Fuses present in the panel – Older panels used fuses instead of circuits. Unfortunately fuses are outdated and don’t trip the same way as circuit breakers. These are not safe and need to be replaced.
The Teavana store in the Aventura mall needed a panel upgrade. Elcon Electric was dispatched to their store to upgrade their electrical panel.
Our technicians are experts in installing new electrical panels for homes and businesses. If you need a new panel upgrade, please give us a call and we’ll get you on schedule.