You may be wondering what all the fuss is about electric panel upgrades. It is a very common practice for homeowners to pay to have more electricity available in their homes or garages via an upgrade to their existing electric panel. If you are curious as to why this is a trend, an electrician in Fort Lauderdale can give you some of the most common reasons homeowners choose to upgrade their panels. The team at Elcon Electric can answer any other questions you may have on the matter.
1. If you have purchased an electric car and want to have your own fast charging system installed in your garage, you will need enough electricity to run the breaker.
2. If your home is more than fifty years old, there is a good chance your electric panel is just as old and in need of updating explains an electrician. Fort Lauderdale homeowners who are not sure about the condition or age of their panel can call for an inspection.
3. If you are doing a remodel that includes another bedroom or more additions, you will need more electricity coming into the home to provide adequate lighting and outlets to the space.
4. New shops built on your property will generally require an additional panel being installed.
5. If you are planning on creating a home office in your home, you will need plenty of power to run computers and other equipment explains a Fort Lauderdale electrician. This will likely require more electricity than the average bedroom.
Upgrading the electric panel in your home ensures you can use all of your twenty-first century technology and appliances without worrying about overloading a circuit and creating a potential fire hazard. Give Elcon Electric a call today to schedule your inspection to learn more about what you