Electricity is an important part of our daily lives. It is a part of everything we do and is everywhere we go. It is important you understand the dangers of electricity and know how to be safe around electricity. These are things you will also need to teach your children. Your Fort Lauderdale electrician has some tips for you. Elcon Electric is here to answer any other questions you may have.
- Never stick anything into an electrical outlet except for an actual plug. It is a good idea to have outlet covers when small children are in the house.
- Do not use any electrical appliance that has a frayed cord or shows any other signs of damage. It needs to be repaired by a Fort Lauderdale electrician or other qualified professional.
- If there are downed powerlines, stay away from them. Even if it looks safe, you should never touch the powerline. Call your electric company immediately.
- If there is lightning outside, do what you can to get indoors. If you cannot get indoors, avoid touching any metal objects and do not stand under any tall trees.
- If you are not sure about a certain electronic device, ask a qualified professional. Never guess when you are dealing with electricity.
- Brush up on what you should do in the event of an electrical accident. There are special considerations that need to be taken to avoid injuring yourself.
These tips are just some of the things you need to think about. Electricity is a wonderful thing and makes our lives so much easier. However, it isn’t without risk, but as long as you are informed about the dangers and pass the information on to your kids. If you are concerned about the electric in your home, call Elcon Electric and ask for an electrical safety inspection to identify any potential hazards.